With Thanksgiving just a few days away it’s nice to review potential dangers and safety precautions. Especially if you you’re deep frying a turkey and live in one of the Top 5 states with the most fowl-frying incidents.
Luckily for us this safety video includes exploding turkeys and massive fireballs. How else are you going to get a dude to care about doing things safely?
The video includes tips for avoiding a turkey disaster”
- Us fryer outside away from any structures
- Don’t overfill pot with oil
- Keep oil under 350 degrees. Thoroughly defrost turkey allowing 24 hours for every 10 pounds the turkey weighs
- Turn off flame before putting in turkey
- Keep approved grease-fire extinguisher nearby
- Lower turkey into pot slowly
Follow these tips, use that good ole common sense and have a save and happy Thanksgiving!
Like share on your favorite social network!